Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Mother's Day

Mother's Day has come and gone already. It's usually a day I somewhat dread since my mom went to heaven. It's just not the same. I regret all the missed Mother's Days I wasn't able to spend with my mom since I was in Michigan. I miss giving her hugs and the smell of her perfume. I miss getting her texts and sending her pictures of Austin growing up. She worked hard and loved her husband and children very much. She was one of the most generous people I've ever known. She always wanted me to be a "girly girl" so she tried dressing me up and doing my hair and makeup. The time you spend with your loved ones is precious. I try to soak in the time I have with my family as much as possible these days because you never know when you may not be able to see them again.


I think I'm about 1 year old here
Mom putting on my makeup for my bridal shower


It was nice to spend some time with my husband and son on Mother's Day. We didn't do anything super special, but it's always nice to have quiet time. I was able to play with my new Cricut Maker machine, we went to get some ice cream and some of my favorite Italian bread sticks, and we watched some TV and spent time with each other.


I made this for Austin's bedroom door with my Cricut and some vinyl.
His room is "Gamer" themed now so I thought it was fitting. 

I don't often get any cuddles now that he's 11 years old.

Any way, I hope that all of you were able to spend some time with loved ones this past weekend. Cherish the moments that you have together as much as possible.





3 comments:

Jim said...

A nice comment on Mom. She was a special lady that truly loved her children and grandchildren!

James said...

Nice blog post sis! All true words spoken! Thanks for sharing! Love ya!

Ivana Camdzic said...

Such a sweet and meaningful post - and so very true! We forget to cherish what is in front of us and get caught up in all the small stuff. I'm can't imagine the day my momma is no longer here, and my heart aches for everyone who has ever lost a loved one. I'm so sorry for your loss. I also wanted to say a big thank you for the sweet note and visit over on my blog for the Pinkfresh May release - you made my day! Sending heaps of crafty hugs your way! xo